ICC's chief pitch consultant Andy Atkinson inspected the Feroze Shah Kotla pitch which was banned for one year from hosting international matches after the abandoned India-Sri Lanka game last year.
The ICC said it's now upto ICC General Manager Dav Richardson and Chief Match Referee Ranjan Madugalle to take a call on the pitch fiasco issue.
New Delhi is still likely to host matches for the 2011 World Cup despite concerns about the pitch, ICC president David Morgan has said.
Delhi could be staring at tough sanctions following Sunday's abandonment of the fifth ODI, though the process could take almost three to four weeks.
Haroon Lorgat said ICC will take a month's time to decide a sanction on Feroz Shah Kotla as an international venue due to the pitch fiasco in the India-Lanka ODI.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has ruled out Delhi as a host to one of the two South Africa Tests to be held early next year.
The cancellation of the fifth ODI between Lanka and India in Delhi has put a big question mark on the four games the Ferozeshah Kotla is scheduled to host for the 2011 World Cup.
Play was suspended in the fifth and final ODI between India and Sri Lanka after the pitch at the Ferozeshah Kotla was deemed dangerous.
The dicey pitch conditions at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium forced the match officials to call off the final India-Sri Lanka ODI. India win the series 3-1.
Indian captain MS Dhoni denied many changes in the playing eleven for the final ODI.